I realize it has been F-O-R-E-V-E-R since I have blogged...I STILL have to put up the baby shower post! I have been soooooo tired lately - and I have huge respect for people who work full time up until they have babies - especially those who already have little ones. Ugh. Working is not a problem - I can make it through the day. It's AFTER work - and on the weekends that I have absolutely NO energy to do anything!!! It is beyond frustrating!!! I have been meaning to pack a hospital bag - but have no energy! That was my ONE goal this weekend - to pack the bag - and did I accomplish it?!?! Nope. After today's appointment, I am a little more motivated. And I think I am going to retire one week sooner than I thought! :)
Today was my 36 week and 5 day appointment - and the first "check" - eeeeeek! I have been dreading this appointment for two reasons. The first being that I have heard it hurts and is uncomfortable. The second reason is that I just KNEW that she would not have any good news for me. I was wrong on both counts - thankfully! It wasn't too bad - AND I am 2cm dilated, and 70% effaced. John Marshall is low, and in place - still head down! yea! She said she would be surprised if I made it to my due date - which is FINEEEEEE by me! :) JM is measuring 6 pounds 13 ounces, according to the sonogram. Wow. The bigger "wow" is how big his head measured. I could see when she was measuring his body (his tummy, his femur, etc.) - how it would pop up on the bottom of the screen that he was measuring 36 wk 5 days...THEN she did his head. His huge head. It said "39 wk 4 days" - YIKES! Are you kidding me?!?! This baby does NOT take after the Allison side of the family...that's all I can say! We were all smaller babies...I was the biggest baby my Mom had at 7 pounds - my sisters kept getting smaller. I will blame JM's head on Justin.
When we left the appointment - she reminded us to call her if I experienced bleeding, my water breaking, or contractions five minutes apart. That just freaked me out!!! Am I really about to have a baby?!?!
JM's heart rate was 120 bpm this time - Dr. K said he looked great! Oh yes...I must confess my weight gain. I am now plus 40 pounds. At this point, I am counting on having gained at least 50 by the time I walk through those hospital doors. Don't worry - I DID come home and enjoy my mint chocolate chip ice cream! Only a few more weeks to enjoy those kinds of things!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




12 comments:
yay! glad the appointment went well. I've been thinking about you and little JM. Hopefully he will make his debut soon. Hayden can't wait to have a new friend!
you are too CUTE! I love this post! UMMMM i gave birth at 36.6 after this check up on 36.5, she caused LOTS of bleeding and I had to rush to the hospital, no bag packed and john JUST put in the car seat. when John was on his way he realized MUFFIN peed in the carseat!!! So he was delayed 3 hours BECAUSE I made him wash it and he could NOT come up until he did. O and we NEVER finished our classes!!! And james was 6lbs:)
Love you and I will be praying for yall!!!!
Congrats my dear!!! i cant wait!!!!
So Exciting!!! I Can't wait to meet the little guy!!!
Yeah glad the appointment went well. I will be anxiously awaiting JM's debut! :) Prayers sent your way!
1) SO glad you are back to posting
2) SO SO glad your dr. visit went so well
3) SO SO SO excited for JM's big debut!
4) Keep us "blog posted" on JM, missy :)
been wondering about you! so fun that you are already progressing and won't have to wait until your due date!
I've been smiling all day, I'm so excited for you...I can't wait to get the news you've gone into labor!! Hopefully it will be after you get your bag packed though! :)
I hope your doctor did not just jinx you - with all of my friends when the doc. said they would go early they had to be induced! Give me a call, I can come pack your hospital bag, cook you and Justin dinner, just keep you company. I'm getting so excited for you guys!!!
Yay:) You are so so close!! Can't wait to hear that JM is here...glad your appointment went well! Very excited for you!!
sounds like everything is going great! really happy for you. keep eating. heck, put a straw in that ice cream :)tell big head justin i said hi and hooray you guys r really seriously about to be a mommy and daddy...holy cow!!!
YAY for a new post!! And so exciting that you are already 2cm!! Only 8 more to go!! :) I gained 43 lbs with Blake - not ashamed. And you will lose it all within like 3 days I bet! Can't believe it's almost d-day and can't wait to check the blog and read that little JM has arrived!! Keep us posted!! I can't believe my grand-little is having a baby - ha! Does that make me a great-grandma?
Post a Comment