Wednesday, May 6, 2009

D-Day

May 14, 2009 - that's the BIG DAY! Unless, of course, John Marshall wants to come SOONER! (PLEASE COME SOONER).

We went yesterday for my 38 week check up. I am 3 cm dilated, more effaced, and all that jazz. She says he is low, low, low - and again mentioned that she would be very surprised if I made it to my actual due date of May 20th. I then said, "Speaking of due dates...how long past my due date do you plan on letting me go?" She then said - "Oh I won't let you go past your due date. We will induce you the week of your due date. In fact, if you want to have him next week, say next Thursday or Friday - you can!" To which I replied, "Next Thursday is GREAT!" (Without even looking at or consulting with my sweet husband who is sitting right next to me. Ha!) She said she wouldn't even start the pitocin drip when I checked in - just because of how I am progressing. She thinks just breaking the water should do the trick - we shall see!!!

I used to have a bad taste in my mouth about scheduled inductions. In my perfect little world I thought, "Why not let things happen naturallllyyyyyy? Why not let God and nature work it's magic?" Or as my birthing instructor put it, "Does one eat doughey bicuits?!?!" (I actually do!) Ummmm...yeah - that was BEFORE I was 38 weeks pregnant, miserable, and READY to have him out of me!!! Everyone keeps telling me, "Enjoy this time! Your life is about to change drastically! Treasure all the time you have now! Keep him in longer - it will never be the same!" I REALIZE this - I realized this when we decided to start trying to have a baby. My point? I WANT a baby and I am READY to meet this little man!!! (Notice I didn't say I am ready to take care of him? That part scares me!) I know it will be different, hard, etc. - but I also can't imagine anything more wonderful!!!! Can't wait to meet you John Marshall...

12 comments:

Kelly said...

I have never understood why people said, "enjoy this time" about the end of your pregnancy. What's to enjoy, exactly? You're already NOT sleeping, and it's already difficult to move. You might as well not sleep AND get to see your baby! I can't wait to see little JM, he's going to be perfect!!

Rachel said...

Can't wait for new baby pics and to hear your baby story!!

Yeah, yeah, yeah... you know how I feel about all that crap too. Whatever. I thought Lamaze was so bad I dropped out after my first class lol.

YOu will be GREAT and I am very excited for you and Justin!!

Jen said...

That is so crazy, they want to induce me the very same day! We've decided to try and hold out though. I was induced with Blane and I'm hoping to experience what it's like to go into labor naturally....we'll see, I'm not a very patient person : ) I can't wait to see pics of your little man!!! They will be so close in age...yea for playdates!!!!!!

Lauren Kate said...

Bring on Baby JM!!! I would have said the same thing- let's get this show on the road!!! :-) I'm so excited for y'all.

The Bird Family said...

Yea for a date! I had a scheduled induction (after 3 weeks of bedrest a day after my due date! - although she told me Friday to come back on Monday!) and I was really anxious about it and not sure I wanted to be induced but it was great! I loved that we were prepared mentally and physically - the dogs were taken care of and the house was clean! Good luck - I will be praying!!!

Natalie said...

haha so funny.

yea you are going to pop that boy out - 3cm!!! wow go YOU!!! i was 1 cm when i was induced (not by my choice - it was an unexpected thing) and breaking the water was NOT a very fun thing. you will be fine and i bet you will have that baby before you know it. 3cm!!! i am impressed.

cant wait to see that baby!

The Montague's said...

Yeah here comes JM, SOON!! Your little family will be in my prayers.

Hilary Baker said...

cant wait to meet little JM!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Daniel and Ashleigh Hansberger said...

I totally understand. I was miserable too and wanted him out of me so bad. I was two cm dialated, and my doctor induced me a week early. It was the best thing I ever did. Yay for seeing JM soon!
Ash

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

SO excited for you!! A little one changes your life forever and is the greatest blessing! You will an amazing mom!!

Emily said...

I can't believe it is finally time!! I know you are so ready!! We are so excited for you and can't wait to meet your little man:)

S, J, B, & S said...

Soooo exciting! I loved both of my inductions ... and since you are already 3cm, only 7 more to go!! :) Come on, JM, we are all ready to meet you!!!