I cannot believe I have a six month old! On November 13th my little guy turned six months. We (or at least J and I did) celebrated with dinner at Dutch's and a cookie cake. I KNEW this little guy had been growing - he has been loosing some of his chub! His six month stats from his check-up:
- Height - 28 3/4 inches - 98th percentile
- Weight - 19 pounds - 88th percentile
- Head - huge - 99th percentile (why don't they go ahead and say "off the charts"? It's a big noggin)
Some of his "accomplishments" this month are sitting up, trying solid foods, getting his two bottom teeth, and moving to his "big boy" car seat. He also likes to swing in the park swing set now. He still sleeps great - 7PM to 7AM - but naps are another story. Some days he will take them - other days he won't. He has mastered the art of high pitch screaming and shrieking to let you know that he is SUPER happy, OR that he is SUPER mad. He smiles and laughs ALOT - and thinks I am hilarious. He still loves his exersaucer - even more than the bouncer now - because he likes to stick the "circle" piece entirely into his mouth. I need to get a picture of that. He likes to stand up on everything - and ooches, scoots, and rolls to get to whatever he wants. He HATES the sippy cup - and shudders through the first five minutes of every "solid" feeding. He is starting to look more like a mix of the two of us - although I can see LOTS of my facial expressions in him (even though my parents can't).
During his six month we took a trip to Temple with my friend Elizabeth to meet JM's future girlfriend Lilly (daughter of college friend and roommate, Katy). We already decided that Lilly will invite him to his first Pi Phi crush - and JM will ask her to EX pledge dance! ;) He attended his first Junior League meeting where he was a perfect angel minus one toot, and one burp! ha! We had a sushi lunch date with Jenn and Russell, and lots and lots of playdates and walks with friends. We took several shopping trips to Northpark, and went to Weimar and Houston for Thanksgiving. In Houston we got to go on a lunch date and shopping trip with Melissa and Luke - so fun!
This month has been great - we have so much to be thankful for - and we realize that every day we get to spend with our son is a precious gift!!! We love you John Marshall!!!
Here are some pics taken throughout JM's sixth month...










8 comments:
he is unbelievably adorable! i love bald babies :)
LOVE the pictures! He is such a sweetie!
I LOVE THAT BOY! When are you coming back. I am so sad I missed you last time.
He is so cute! I hope you guys are doing well! Enjoy your little man during his first Christmas!
What a cutie!!! Just precious!!
He is so cute! I love the expressions! We still need a playdate!
precious baby! I love him. He is so perfect! come back and play soon!!!!
I love every single outfit, but I would expect nothing less!
Post a Comment