Tuesday, September 28, 2010

34 Weeks & 4 Days - WHOOP there she is!


Somone has decided to make her grand appearance (belly wise). I look sooooo weird. Just blow up a LARGE beach ball and stick it on my belly, why don't you?!?!! Geez. By the way - I figured an iphone pic is better than no pic at all. I am carrying her SO much higher than JM, and SO differently - she sticks straight out to the front - nothing on the sides - it cracks me up! And even though I weigh A LOT less this time around - I think my belly is bigger looking than it was with JM, although - bigger looking in a different way.

Ok. After my last bitchy, whiny post, I decided to suck it up, and get it together. Actually, the support hose - although horribly sexy, and horribly comfortable (not) have made A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE, and I would like to credit J*bst Support Hose with helping me get it together. Seriously. I feel like a new person. I can walk around all day and feel great. Getting them on is a bit of a joke - and mine are only "medium pressure" strength - it seriously takes me a full minute to get one leg on! But I can't live without them now!

Lots has gone on...my little man has started Mother's Day Out two days a week...he is SLOWLY getting better at being dropped off. He has finally learned to give kisses and hugs - which I LOOOOOVE. He can do "sic 'em bears" - and loves to play on the golf course at night when his Dad gets home. We stick him in the stroller and walk over to the course, where he runs around screaming "goooawwwf" (golf) - it's too cute. A new trick of his is running over to the toilet paper roll and blowing his nose on it. He loves to say "DaDa" - and does NOT say Mama. In fact, he calls his waffles that he has every morning (whole wheat and organic folks, he is a man of routine and I cannot change his eating habits) he calls the WAFFLES MaMa. Justin even asked him about his waffles last night during bath and he CORRECTED him and said "MaMa" - NICE! :) We do a weekly "musikgarten" class which he finally "gets" and is starting to participate in - that is, when he is not running to the door and yelling "go, go, go." Also - if it can be climbed - he is on it. Chairs, tables, blocks...toilets. Anything. He also threw his first MAJOR public fit at the zoo the other day, before my friends could arrive to help. A stranger Mom had to hold the stroller still so I could shove my fit throwing 16.5 month old into it. Arching back, kicking legs, and everything! so. much. fun.

Some dear friends threw the most precious "sprinkle" for Caroline - and as soon as I can wrangle pictures from people - I will post them! I felt so loved - and Caroline got some wonderful things! I am so excited!!!

Her nursery. Well. We DO have curtains and crib bedding. And a changing table. We don't have bedding for her big full size bed. We don't have a lamp. We have no accessories. Working.......on....it. I have 5 weeks or less, right? I had ordered pillow cases from Horch*w - and then in an effort to save money, I ordered bedding from PBTe*n. Love the pillows from Horch*w. HATED the bedding from PBTe*n. So I spent a zillion dollars returning the bedding and pillow cases from PBTe*n, and said "screw money" and ordered coordinating bedding matching the Pine C*ne H*ll pillows from Horch*w. I got the bedding/duvet cover in from Pine C*ne H*ll - and what do you know - the "white" sheeting on the duvet does NOT match the "white" sheeting on the coordinating pillow cases. Of course. I call PCH - and they said that is NOT supposed to happen. So I spent another bazillion dollars returning THAT duvet. The new one should be here this week, and LORD HELP ME IF IT DOES NOT MATCH. I am running away to Fiji. Or some place like that. If Angelina and Brad can have their babies in exotic places, well - then so. can. I.

34 Weeks
How far along? 34 weeks and 4 days! I have an appointment tomorrow...but little man is napping right now...soooo I will post now! :)
Heartbeat? At my appointment 2 weeks ago it was 150bpm
Total weight gain/loss: 27 pounds. And. Ok. I will give my doctor credit - I DO feel better this time around...my sciatic nerve hurts WAY less - due to less weight on my body...I feel so much better at 34 weeks with Caroline than I did with John Marshall...and LOOK better too - but I guess the fact that I weight 160 something at this point last time has something to do with it.
Maternity clothes? oh yes. yes. yes. yes. and my support hose. :)
Stretch marks? No - but a varicose vein that looks like someone took a baseball bat and whacked me across the back of the leg...
Sleep? Riiiight. I get up to go to the bathroom at least twice a night...
Best moment this week: Ordering some more things for the nursery...teaching JM to "pat" my belly/Caroline...
Movement: holy. moly. I repeat - holy. moly. This is just insane. And it hurts. Elbows, Knees, Feet, Hands...alllll over. She flips and rotates constantly - so I never know where she is. JM just stayed in the same position from about week 20 on - and punched from his little spot.
Food cravings: Still freezing cold milk with cereal.
Gender: Caroline McCall, our sweet baby girl.
Labor Signs: No...still lots of BH contractions.
Belly Button in or out? Just depends on the day - sometimes and innie - sometimes and outie!
What I miss: Not feeling like an elephant when I try to shave my legs in our shower...
What I am looking forward to: I can't even type it all out. Her nursery has me stressed. I want it complete. Which means I will have to plan things and actually get my rear in gear and take care of it . (This is the same thing I wrote last time - and it needs to stay here - although - I DO have all of her clothes washed).
Milestones: I guess making it past 30 weeks felt like a big milestone to me...when you are pregnant - each day/week counts as to the viability of your little baby - and each day I know she grows stronger, and healthier in there - that's a huge milestone! :)

8 comments:

S, J, B, & S said...

Oh you are so cute and ALL BABY (I am sure EVERYONE says that to you ... but you are!!!). Cannot WAIT to meet beautiful Miss Caroline! And I will send you shower pics, I promise!! :) WOO HOO for 34 weeks!!!! She'll be here SO SOON!!!

Becky said...

tell me about support hose. will it help me feel like i can breathe more???? :)

Katie said...

Yeah for belly pics...you're so cute and tiny! I promise, even if you don't feel like it!

Melissa said...

you are adorable! I love the belly pics... so funny how different it is with a boy and a girl. I feel like I have a completely diff belly too! It must be the second child too because mine is a maniac in there as well! And I am sorry you have BH contractions all the time but it does make me feel better because mine are CONSTANT. Like I am pretty sure I barely every notice my tummy not hard. :) you are almost there. cannot wait to see pics of this beautiful baby girl!

Greg, Melissa, and Luke said...

omgoodness omgoodness!!! You.look.fantastic!! This post made me miss you even MORE! I am so happy for you and excited and all of the sappy emotions that one can feel. JM is the cutest thing in the world and is going to be the greatest big brother...I can.not.believe.it. I am calling you soon. promise...we need to catch up!!

Alicia said...

you look AMAZING!!!!!!!!! You are too stinking cute! I am so glad the support hose are helping! I think it's hilarious that JM calls waffles MaMa. Don't worry girl he'll figure it out!

Jenny M said...

So excited that you are going to have a baby girl!!!

Brian and Kambry said...

you are so cute preggo and I LOVE your blog! can't wait to see pics of your new little girl!! xx