Thursday, January 8, 2009

Baby, Bedding & Bump

A friend had her first baby, a precious little boy last night! I can't wait to get the details from her on the whole experience - especially since she had him at the same hospital where I will deliver JMS. It's a "Southwest" hospital, located 20 or so minutes from our house. Most girls I know have had their babies at the newly remodeled and super cool (it has a SPA and you can upgrade the thread count on your SHEETS, and the L&D rooms are amazing) Baylor Downtown hospital, which is literally 7 minutes from our house, BUT I love love love my doctor, and all of the other doctors in her group (all female). Sooo I guess I am willing to sacrifice a spa, sheets and flat screen TVs for having someone I know and trust deliver my little one. Congratulations to Jen & Kurt! Jen will be an amazing mother - and I can't wait to watch her raise her little man!

And now for the bedding! We set it up with the crib (our crib is white as well) and I LOVE it - and am so happy! I know it's probably early to get the bedding, but I have had it picked out since last May, when I spent hours online helping a co-worker pick out bedding for her little guy. It just so happened that the week we found out that we were having a boy, the company was having a 30% off of bedding holiday sale! Yea! My favorite part, is that the company sells coordinating "big boy" bedding, which is perfect, since we will keep a full size bed in the baby's room.


And for memory's sake, the 21 week bump. I can't believe I am half way there!




15 comments:

Jay and Kristen said...

Love the bedding! And congrats on JMS...we are so excited for yall! And ps...I had Liv at Baylor and I loved it...but and there was no spa, nice sheets or flat screens! I think they renovated right AFTER she was born, darn it! But honestly, you wont even notice, all you'll care about is the little man arriving!

Becky said...

Okay, my friend. you are getting the bedding that I was DYING to have with Brady. I took that picture with me when we went to go pick out the fabric and we ended up just going in a totally different direction but I ABSOLUTELY love it! Oh - and I can't believe you're even talking about a bump. I look more pregnant than you do! (I mean that VERY nicely and not jealous AT ALL!)

Son and Julie said...

Love the bedding!

Greg, Melissa, and Luke said...

love love love it! I want to look at the website! Also, you look so so so so great! love you!

Lauren Kate said...

Love the bedding and I'm pretty sure that's why my stomach currently looks like but I did just eat lunch so I'll give myself a break. :-)

Hilary Baker said...

soo precious! Love the bedding!!

The Montague's said...

you look precious!! i love the baby bedding!! send me your email address - our blog went private -
sarahsmontague@gmail.com

She McCord said...

cute bedding! i love it!

Kimberly Jordan Walker & Sophie said...

Ha Ha...I found ya! Love the bedding y'all chose. I look forward to following the Sparks family and the approaching debut of baby boy!

Jen said...

Hey there! You are so cute pregnant! What is your due date? Mine is May 22nd...we must be due around the same time! Yea!

etphonehome21 said...

What bump?

kinsey said...

thanks for delurking and commenting! were you a kappa at baylor? i see you know a lot of the same girlies i do...

anyway, cute bedding! have you announced what JM stands for, or is it a secret? maybe i need to read back through some posts...

kinsey said...

too fun! i was a kappa and scott was a sigma chi ;-)

LOVE the name...i love family names and think they are so special!

S, J, B, & S said...

Love the bedding and the *tiny* precious bump! :) I think I missed what JM stands for too?

GranAnne said...

Sooooooooooo "exactly WHERE" is the bump???? I must be WAY over 1/2 "somewhere", as I have a "bump" MUCH bigger that has appeared in the last year! HA!
anne