Saturday, October 9, 2010

36 Weeks - I AM READY FOR YOU CAROLINE!

Sooo...I am 36 weeks...and I. AM. READY. Granted...I still feel great, I am NOT miserable like I was with JM at this point...she is still up so high, in a strange ball, I don't feel any more pressure "down there" - which is GREAT. But....all that to say...I am just ready!!! And don't tell me she needs to "cook" longer - because I FULLY BELIEVE they have her due date off by one week and that she should technically be due 10/29 (that's point A). Point B would be that at her 20 week sono, she measured one week ahead. Therefore, she may come out.

No - her room isn't finished. Still need a lamp. Still need some more accessories. Still missing two pillow shams for the big bed....BUT...I don't care anymore! :)

So last time to try to get JM out - we did the BD (and if you don't know what that is - google it) and I walked alot, but when I walked, my ankles would oooze out over the tops of my shoes, which is horrible. This time...I have started taking that evening primrose oil which is supposed to soften things "down there" - you can even INSERT the gel capsules down there. Thought I was brave enough to do that last night - I wasn't. Don't feel like doing the BD yet. Thought I was, but I am not. Soooo....we will see if the midwives trick of primrose oil works. I am not going to be drinking that raspberry tea that supposedly works, because I don't like fruit. I get checked for the first time on Wednesday...which I will be 36.5 week. I just need to be showing SOME progress on my own for him to induce me at 39 weeks. KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED.

JM finally knows to kiss my tummy when I say "Kiss Caroline" - and he will rub it when I say for him to "Love Caroline." He also knows where "Caroline's room" is - but he has NO CLUE who/what Caroline is - because he always looks so confused in music class when we sing hello/goodbye to another little girl in there named Caroline. Love it. This week his trick has been to finally SAY the word "eye" and poke everyone's eyes out. Me, Elmo, Dad, and last week he tried to poke poor little Cason's eye out, but quickly recovered with a hug - which involves him laying his giant noggin on top of poor Cason. Ha! :)

Here I am at 36 weeks with Miss Caroline...still no change from last week, or the week before...haven't dropped, etc., I have only grown bigger.

Here I am at 36 Weeks, April 2009 with Mr. John Marshall...MAN my wrists were even swollen!!!

4 comments:

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

YOu are TINY. . . not that your belly is tiny (I mean that in the healthiest, mommy sort of way) but the REST of your body is TINY! :-) Elizabeth, OH MY GOSH! You are going to have Caroline and then look like you did in college! :-) If only we all looked like you! ;-)

Natalie said...

Good luck getting her to come early! It didn't work for me :( BUT she's here and its marvelous! And seriously that is crazy you are that small at 36 weeks. My tummy looked like that at 5 months ;)

Melissa said...

you look adorable! so excited for you that you are so close. I am sad we do not live in the same city because I think we could have some fun once these babies finally pop out! And then JM and Anniston could play :) And I don't think the BD worked at all! ha

Alicia said...

Pretty sure you are the cutest pregnant person I have ever seen! You look great! I know you are so anxious to meet her! BTW I drank the raspberry leaf tea and it didn't do anything! Let me know about the primrose oil!