Wednesday, October 13, 2010

36 wk 5 day Appointment, KKG, and JM turns 17 months

Today...was my 36 week and 5 day appointment...the big "first check" appointment. I wasn't expecting much - and I didn't really get much...below are the stats! I DID manage to pee in about 75% of my ob/gyns bathrooms today. I can say that they were all clean, and very nice and tidy. What is with my bladder today, I don't know!?!?!?

36 Weeks
How far along? 36 weeks and 5 days! The exact same week/days I was with my first check with JM. With Caroline my body is 50% effaced, and 2cm dilated. With JM I was 70% effaced and 2cm dilated. I am still not feeling any of that low pressure - but he told me her head was in position - well actually he said something technical and medical - but I can't remember what he said right now! :) So anyway...my point is - even thought things are "happening" - I am not terribly excited? I will be terribly excited when I have a BABY!
Heartbeat? 150
Total weight gain/loss: 31 lbs...can I take off a couple of pounds? This was before my restroom extravaganza. And plus, my watch weighs 5 lbs, I swear.
Maternity clothes? oh yes. yes. yes. yes. and my support hose. :)
Stretch marks? No - but a varicose vein that looks like someone took a baseball bat and whacked me across the back of the leg...
Sleep? I can't even talk about this...when I look at the clock every night before I fall asleep it is at least 2:00AM. Ugh.
Best moment this week: Caroline's BFF Evelyn Marie Lambert was born! I think that counts as a "best"! :)
Movement: still moving and a shaking like CRAZY.
Food cravings: Still freezing cold milk with cereal.
Gender: Caroline McCall, our sweet baby girl.
Labor Signs: No...still lots of BH contractions.
Belly Button in or out? Just depends on the day - sometimes and innie - sometimes and outie! This is gross, but my hole from my belly button piercing (and yes - I had one - and yes - it has been out of my body for over 8 years) is red, irritated, and looks infected. I know, gross and TMI - but what the heck?!?!?! It hasn't seen jewelry since 2002!
What I miss: sleep! sleep! sleep!
What I am looking forward to: HAVING THIS BABY!
Milestones: I find it impressive (to myself) that I can still will my wedding rings at this point, and that I still have two pairs of shoes that I can fit into! :)

Shout out to Kappa Kappa Gamma - it's your birthday today! :) (Raise your hand if you were a kappa and KNEW that?) My Granny (mom's mom) was a KKG, My Mom was a KKG, and ONE of my little sisters was a KKG. I was a KKG...soooooo guess what Caroline will be!?!?!?! Just kidding...no pressure...kind of...

17 months...is he really 17 months today? He is funny, a stinker, and he loves to tease me. He has started to cuddle alot more lately - which I LOOOOVEEEEE. We have a big front porch with lots of porch furniture, and he likes to run and hide behind the chairs while I am locking the front door...and tries to get me to start a game of chase with him...which I don't - but I still think it's funny that he laughs and KNOWS that it's hard for me to get to him...He is going to be "milk" for Halloween...out of the PBK catalogue. He LOVES his milk - and will start crying for it if he doesn't get it within 2 seconds of sitting in his chair. Oh how I love you funny little man! Happy 17 months!! :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

NO PRESSURE CAROLINE! :-) KKG KKG KKG KKG KKG. . . seriously, no pressure! :-)

Melissa said...

you crack me up! I love it. YOu are getting so close. I get "checked" next week and I am hoping things are "happening" but who knows... :) cant wait to see pics of the beautiful baby girl!

Joanna said...

Haha...Wham bam!! I only knew it was the birthday b/c of the alumni newsletter thing for Founder's day! :) So glad you are so close and that she is in the"cephalic" position! Atta girl! So close, can't wait to see her sweet face!