Those non-stop Braxton Hicks? GONE. The occasional REAL contractions? GONE. The low pressure and constant urge to go to the bathroom? GONE. The occasional cramping that goes along with labor? GONE. I have even SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT recently. WHAT. THE. HECK. Soooo...I am regressing. I feel like I am back at week 23. Seriously. If I didn't have such bad low back pain - I would forget I was pregnant. And - no - the low back pain isn't because labor is near...my massage therapist lady thinks it's because of how the baby is sitting she may have pushed my lower spine out of alignment. WHO IS THIS CHILD? I would love to know. Soon. Also - I thought babies were supposed to run out of room, and stop moving as much? She is a little gymnast in there. Flip-flops, cartwheels, rolls. (Side Note - I am not a gymnast. Confession - I cannot do a cartwheel. Will this make me a bad girl Mom? Or can I lie and tell her I used to do cartwheels and round-off back hand springs all the time?)
Even though the ticker says I have 18 or something days left - I am starting to not believe it.
I am driving my husband CRAZY. I just know it. He doesn't have to tell me. When he is smiling at me - I see that look in his eyes - the "Geeeeeeeeze - she is so hormonal/crazy" look. I might have even shed a tear last night when Suzanne told me her cousin (who is due a few days after me) has already lost her mucus plug. How sad and gross is that? I cried over someone else's mucus plug? Lord. Help. Me.
Sooooo...I guess I will continue on like nothing is about to happen...Hanging out with my cute little man who is currently sporting a monogramed jon jon (which his father says is GIRLY enough) AND several of my acrylic bangle bracelets. Because of him - I am typing this post with one and a half hands...he is leaning on me with his arm on Caroline watching a little PBS while I drink my coffee and blog. And then we are off to music class....which I hope we can make it through without him running to the door and shouting "GO! GO! GO!" a million times.
I hate Regressions.




4 comments:
Haaaa! Thank you for making my day. You crack me up! You are so close but I hear EVERYTHING you are saying. Labor envy in the worst and when someone is due AFTER you they are NOT allowed to have any more labor symptoms than you. I hear you. I would have cried over a mucus plus for sure. I have been having non stop contractions but ironically when I was "checked" yesterday I have NOTHING. NOTHING. She actually said- "Oh good you will definitely make it to your scheduled c-section date (at 39 weeks) ". Sigh... I was really hoping this little man was going to come early. He is a maniac. Maniac. Hey maybe he will be a gymnast? Eric will be so proud...
I love how after reading almost every post of yours, I have to Google something that I don't know. For today's post I now know what a "Jon Jon" is! :-)
Haha - you are too funny!! I am hoping that any day now your next post will be titled "She's FINALLY here" :) You can make it!!
Haha! Don't be jealous of Sara, she's still only 1 and 50%...Caroline will def beat Miles to the finish line!!!
Post a Comment