Soooo...we are alive...barely. Babies 17.5 months apart is rough. NOT gonna lie. I personally, barely made it through those first three months, where my sweet, sweet, sweeeet daughter SCREAMED HER HEAD OFF 24/7. Oh. And wouldn't let anyone else hold her. It was oh-so-horrible. We couldn't go anywhere or do anything. Oh...you think YOU can calm her? Go ahead. Go ahead. Don't believe me...and no one did...until they touched her and she screamed. She was that way even with her Father....and Nana, and Aunt Muffin and Mimi, and my best friend Regan. So sad. BUT - after many sleepless nights, lots of crying and cursing from me, lots of trips to the doctor (WHY is my baby screaming? you say this is just newborn rash and NOT an allergy? really?) and a trip to the pediatric gastrointerologist...things are on the up & up! :) yay! C is on super expensive prescription reflux meds, and super expensive prescription formula - thanks to her milk protein allergy. Yay. That is why I haven't blogged in three and a half months. I spent any down or quiet time just sitting. And staring. Ahhhhh....
So. Now she is finally sleeping. (She still screams a lot - and typically won't let anyone near her except for myself or Justin - you can talk to her and she will SMILE SMILE SMILE just please don't touch her). Ugh. So embarrassing. We are having so much fun as a family of four - especially now things have calmed down! They are both growing up way, way too fast!
Here is a glimpse into the past few months...
She rarely did this...
Little man still loves to play dress up!

Dinner with best friends...
Caroline's first "play" date! :)
John Marshall got his first hair cut at the barber shop!
We stuck our two month old in the exersaucer.
And Mommy never gets to wear make-up.
Caroline's first snow!

Caroline is 2 months old - MERRY CHRISTMAS!

JM'S second Christmas...

JM's first rodeo...

Daddy turned 29! :)
We did lots of this...

Caroline turned three months old! :)
She celebrated her first Valentine's Day...

He celebrated V-Day with a little huggin and a kissin...
I thought she was teething because she continued to scream all the time. She wasn't.

He likes to pretend to blog.
St. Patrick's Day at Joe T's...
"Playing" outside in his jammies. If blinding yourself and purposefully running into things constitutes playing.

JM is too cool for school...

And this was from today. We attempted "Spring Time" pics. The top pic is the BEST out of the bunch. And it's not great. The bottom pic is how ALL of them look. She already prefers NOT to be touched by him. I can hear it now - "Mom - he's touching me!" :)





8 comments:
Bless little C's heart! So sorry you had to go through this, but glad she is much better! Looks like y'all have had some fun in between. That last picture is great, her face is priceless. Beautiful kiddos! :)
Thank goodness- I was needing a Sparks update! Too precious!
One day you will have to remind Miss C when she's complaining about how you wont do this or that for her, that in the beginning, you did EVERYTHING for her!
P.S. I refused to touch my younger brother in any pictures, so in all sibling pics growing up we are sitting apart! :-)
Yeah!! So glad you're back to blogging. I love seeing pics of the sweeties!
glad that you are back in the blogging world. sure have missed you! your little ones are precious!!
I feel your pain! Blane was on expensive acid reflux meds and even more expensive formula! BUT, it did make a world of difference! Hang in there mamma!
I am so glad you are back and so sorry that you had to deal with all of that. Glad C is doing better though and I'm still dying to meet her EVEN if I can't hold her. :)
Put me in the category of "thinking" I could hold Miss C. :) She is super happy in your arms though. LOVE all the pics of JM, he's so funny! Glad you're blogging again.
I miss you in blog world - but mostly in the real world! Sorry it's been so hard! I hope it gets easier FAST! Let me know when y'all are in Houston next! Love, L
Post a Comment