Monday, January 5, 2009

20 Week Update

I know that I have a lot of posts to catch up on...like our trip to the doctor for the "big" sonogram...telling our parents over Christmas that they are going to have a grandson...and writing about how Justin got to feel JMS kick for the first time on Christmas Eve...but I will do those eventually.

Just a few quick notes to myself on what pregnancy is like this week/what is going on:
  • JMS moves ALL the time, and lets me know that he doesn't like it when I try to sleep partially on my stomach and partially on my side, or when I cross my arms and leave them on my stomach...I LOVE it! :)
  • Sleeping is starting to become uncomfortable...the best is yet to come, right?
  • I am craving cereal like crazy - doesn't matter what kind, as long as it comes with ice cold milk!
  • Justin wants me to put in here that I am craving sugar, but I disagree.
  • I have to wear the Bella Band with all of my pants now.
  • I broke down and bought maternity jeans...so worth the money!
  • We bought a crib and mattress - because I read somewhere that you should buy the mattress ahead of time so as to let it "air out" so the fumes don't do something horrible to the baby. Who knows if it is true - but it freaked me out enough to go ahead and buy the mattress...
  • We ordered the bedding! Yea!
  • Best of all...I found out that two of my very best friends are pregnant! yeaaaaaaa!!! Baby JMS will have some great company in July and September of 2009 - and Justin and I could not be more thrilled! :)

6 comments:

Rachel said...

RUN (don't walk) to get a body pillow. I wouldn't not have made it through pregnancy without one.

I hear ya on the maternity jeans, it sucks to spend the $$ but you will look so cute in them.

Take a picture of the bedding when it comes, can't wait to see what you picked out. Did Justin have imput or did he care about bedding??

The Bird Family said...

Boy??? YEA!! Congrats! JMS?? Are you going to share the name?? Good luck with everything!

Greg, Melissa, and Luke said...

love love love it! I need to know about the last bullet point...July? I want to look at the bedding too and crib..ahhh so fun!

Elizabeth said...

Rachel - I NEED to go get the body pillow...I have heard of another prego pillow that resembles a worm that you can turn/twist in different directions..I kind of want to try to find that first! :)

Ryan - Thanks! We are excited..and yes...we will share the name...I have already received some "comments" and being ultra sensitive and pregnant, I might wait a while longer...

Moo - I will post the bedding pick soon!

Lauren Kate said...

Not that I would know but I have heard lots of good things about that prego pillow...what you did with airing out the mattress sounds like something I would do! :-)

The Montague's said...

Elizabeth, I just found your blog!! Congrats on being preggo, that is so exciting! Welcome to blog land...we just started recently too!