Wednesday, January 28, 2009

6 Month Bump & Junk in My Trunk

Since I am the only one at work today on this lovely icy day - and by only, I mean, I think I am the only person in this six story building besides the old security guard downstairs, who does nothing but sleep anyway, so he doesn't count - I thought would take the opportunity to procrastinate and document the 24 week bump.

So the last few weeks have been pretty good - not near as many nauseous moments or sick spells (yea!) - and I am finally on medicine for this lovely acne (it's safe people) although I don't think it's working. I did notice last week as I was walking through the mall to find a dress (instead I bought a double doozie cookie from the cookie company) that I definitely have more junk in my trunk. Seriously. I was walking, and my backside felt bigger. I could feel it with each step. I was kind of horrified. I immediately went home (after stuffing my face with the cookie in the car) and checked myself out. There it was.......a STRETCH MARK from my hip area to my backside. Oh, and what do you know? A matching one for the other side! Sorry if this is all TMI. Okay. I know, I know, I know, I knowwwwwww that you are supposed to gain weight during pregnancy. Good for the baby, blah, blah blah. Yes. My husband has me eating healthier than ever before. I expected to gain weight. I am gaining weight. But THERE?!?!? Why does THAT need to get bigger?!?! So that I am balanced and don't fall over forward due to the weight of my every growing belly?!?!?! So now I get to have a big rear AND a big stomach? No one warns you of these things! Just saying.


So here is the bump at 24 weeks. Like I said - I am alone at work today - and I took this with my phone in one of our exam rooms. (I work for a doctor). Please ignore the fabulous elastic waist band of my maternity jeans.

9 comments:

The Bird Family said...

You look so cute! I love that you are so honest about your pregnancy!! Hope all is going well :)

Lauren Kate said...

Man I love those double doozie cookies- yummy!!! Keep putting on those creams and cross your fingers. I put on cellulite cream every night and say a prayer!

Jay and Kristen said...

You are seriously so cute! Cutest little bump and NO junk in the trunk! =)

Becky said...

Haha! I told you that's the ONLY place I got stretch marks - my bootie and my hips! None on my tummy even though I was huge! I can't believe that you're over halfway there! You still look like you're in your first trimester (and I mean that in the BEST possible way!)

Rachel said...

You look so awesome, you should REALLY consider getting maternity pics taken- you are a HOT mama!!

Where was everyone else at work? I am sure the freeway between Elena's house and the office was impossible.

Do we need to go get my fatty pictures to make you feel better? You have complete access.... wanna talk stretch marks?

Greg, Melissa, and Luke said...

love it! you look amazing. I have a lot to compete with. J/K I know I will NOT be that cute! love the jeans too!

jmc said...

you are so funny! and by the way...you look fabulous!

The Furgesons said...

Oh my goodness, you are the cutest pregnant person! You look great!!

S, J, B, & S said...

You are hilarious and I love your little bump! Precious!