So I had a loooooveeely time at the doctor's office. Really it wasn't that bad - I just prefer NOT to spend my morning in a doctor's office that needs to be re-decorated. Badly. Justin and I arrived at 8:45 and got right for a sonogram. Karen the tech confirmed that indeed, JMS does still have cord all around his neck. Like a scarf. Ugh. I was again reminded to pay attention to his movements, and to come in immediately if I feel a decrease in movement. She also confirmed that it is his little bum that constantly pokes out, and makes my stomach look like it is at an angle, instead of round. Too cute! Then we were sent back out into the waiting room, where we waited, and waited, and waited...you get the picture. So once I was taken back again into the exam room, I had blood drawn, and a finger prick test - with that nifty little gadgets that diabetics use on a daily basis to check their insulin. Today my results were too low - as opposed to being too high (how they were after the first test). What in the world? She said she is not worried, and doesn't think I have GD - BUT that she might treat me as someone who has it - therefore, my finger will be pricked each time, and I will have sonograms (yea!) - so I go back in two weeks, and get to see little man again! We had a good shot of his face this morning. So fun!
Now for the MORTIFYING part. And she said it in front of Justin. She has NEVER EVER EVER commented on my weight before. Today, I heard these words: "Well....in a perfect world, I would have had you gain a few less pounds between your last appointment and now." Oh MY word. Ugh. Ugh. Ughhhhh. I kind of would have guessed that this was coming...after making myself ice cream sundaes after dinner every night, but still...how embarrassing?!?!? Basically, my plan on gaining only 30 pounds for this pregnancy is blown out of the water. I have two more months to go. 40 pounds...here we come!!! Oh well. And I strolled out of the office at 11:30AM - almost 3 hours later - wanting to eat anything but a salad/something healthy.
And the appointment stats:
JMS's heart rate: 138 beats per minute - beautiful!
E's total weight gain: 25 lbs (makes me giggle...I don't know why? maybe because he only weighs 3 lbs?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
you.are.toooo.funny. YOU LOOK GREAT! plus you are so so so skinny you probably need to gain way more than 30! xoxo I want more sonograms!
Hey you!
I love your updates! When I was pregnant with Blane, my doctor always told me that I was gaining too much weight, too fast. I also was mortified! But it ended up that I only gained 25 with him. Somehow, I didn't gain hardly anything in that last month. I bet you will be the same way, AND, as the previous commenter pointed out, you are SO little to start with, that you probably NEED to gain more than the average person! So don't sweat it, at least little JM is a happy and healthy baby! Praise God!
I totally agree with Melissa on this one, you do look great and I would have suggested 35lb gain at LEAST with your body type!
Keep enjoying the ice cream sundaes...you know JMS loves them too!
okay so I gained 50 POUNDS with Madelyn - you look great :)...Sorry about the cord but we will be praying that everything is great! Can't wait to see more belly pics :)
I am laughing so hard, it totally takes me back to my post-holiday appt where my OB mentioned "you sure enjoyed your holiday season". Nice. Like we don't realize our bodies are growing at a crazy fast rate. Not to worry- I am sure you will be one of the mommies who doesn't have to wear maternity or even stretchy pants after delivery.
Keep us updated on the cord situation. Are they inclined to suggest csection or still natural?
I will see you soon- can't wait to talk babies with you.
E! First of all, I can't even tell you are pregnant in those wedding pics... WHERE is your bump?! Second of all, I better not be bigger than you when I see you on April 4, missy...Don't worry a bit about your weight gain! Love, L
I agree with everyone else...A) you are so tiny that you needed to gain more weight for little mr. jms and B) you really wont gain that much from here on out...promise! glad you are feeling good!
Post a Comment