Tuesday, January 19, 2010

We Covet Your Prayers

Monday was the worst day of my entire life. Justin's too. My baby passed out - he turned white, his lips turned blue, and I couldn't get him to wake up. After a 911 call, and a trip to the ER, CT scans, Xray, EKG, EEG, and spinal tap, we are on Day Number 2 in the Children's hospital here in FW. I assummed that JMS had a seizure, but the Doctor was always hesitant to pinpoint it/call it a seizure. Sure enough, this afternoon when we THOUGHT he was coming in to discharge us - he gave us some not fun news. While the computer didn't pick up anything on JM's EKG, the doctor who read it did. We have now had a second EKG, a heart echo (sonogram) and he is now wearing a monitor for 24 hours to record his heart. THIS. IS. SURREAL.

My little guy is SUCH the trooper, and SUCH a flirt! He has been his happy, normal self - although my Mom and I don't think his color is "quite right" - but that could be the crappy lighting in this hospital room.

Thanks to my best friends, who have unfortunately had to go through this hospital routine before, we are well prepared, and have received the BEST advice. I CANNOT believe we are about to go onto night number two in the hospital.

We covet your prayers.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh I am so sorry! Praying for you all right now... Praying for wisdom for the doctors and for peace for you and your husband. I am so sorry must be so hard to be scared for your baby. Praying that JM is healthy and there will be healing wherever healing is needed. big hugs to you... xoxo

Son and Julie said...

Love you guys & we are continuing to pray for JMS!

Natalie said...

Oh elizabeth I want to jump through the screen and give you a hug...or bake you a casserole...or something trivial like that. But since I can't please know that I am here sending out prayers for peace, health, and clarity and answers for the doctors involved. You sound like you are staying strong and that despite all of this you have one seriously happy baby. I hope you have a better night tonight and day tomorrow

kristen said...

Oh Elizabeth, we are thinking about you all so much. Dave and I will be praying for your whole family and particularly little JM!

Lindsey said...

praying for JM and you all as well! i'm so thankful that he has the best care possible right now.

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

Sweet Elizabeth - I am so sorry! I had tears in my eyes reading your post - we are praying like crazy!!

Abigail said...

I teared up reading this - the love of a parent (especially a mother) is indescribable and I can’t imagine what you went through when you saw JMS going through this. You are in my prayers and so are JMS and Justin. I pray the Drs will find the right treatment and God will wrap his arms around JMS with protection and healing!

have a lovely said...

oh elizabeth! i am so sorry! i can only imagine how hopeless that moment felt! is there an update?! how is he doing?