Friday, June 25, 2010

Beach Bum

One of the first weekends in June, while we were in Houston - we were able to make a quick trip to Galveston Island to celebrate James Thomas's first birthday. It. Was. Amazing. His Mommy thought of EVERYTHING. There were pools on the top level of the house, bottom level of the house, on the beach...a "beach themed" candy bar...special cookies...special cupcakes...personalized buckets with shovels for the kiddies...toys for kids every where...great burgers and snacks...I could go ON and ON and ON!!!

I was excited to see what JM thought of the ocean/sand. His first trip to the beach was La Jolla in October - and the Pacific is a little too cold at that time of the year - so he stayed dry. He is NOT a fan of sand. He would play in the pool on the beach, and then lean over the edge and just shake his head "no" over and over at the sand. He gets that from his Mama...I am afraid.

We had a wonderful time - and were so glad to help celebrate the birth of one of the cutest little guys I know!

It took awhile for the camera to adjust to the HUMIDITY...beware of too many pictures! :)

My two favorite boys...

First steps in the sand...

Does NOT like the sand...






Lunching with Lauren and William..

Checking out his belly button while hanging with the birthday boy...

And he's done for the day...

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Love the pics, especially JM's precious hat! I'm actually in Grapevine this summer at Practical Pediatrics, first day is Thurs so should be good I hope! I told Becky that your two girls are future pledge class members, ha! Go Kappa! :)