I might have ruined the idea, or thought of pregnancy for my poor baby sister. I like to share with her all of the lovely details that can accompany pregnancy, mainly just to shock her. My Mom tells me not to gross her out, because she will never want to have a baby. Oh well. After I told her I was pregnant, she told me that she and her roommates were sitting around talking about it, and that they concluded: "Ewww...you are GROWING something inside of you!" And I agree, it is kind of bizarre...but I like to think of it as a miracle, not as an alien growing inside of me. (Which she suggested). She is, after all, only 21, in college, having the time of her life, and definitely not thinking about babies. I like to call her and share with her the weekly updates that I get in my e-mail on how the baby is growing that week - you know the ones that tell you your baby is the size of some piece of fruit? (Which totally disgusts me - because if you know me, you know that I HATE fruit. Hate it. The taste. The smell. Seeing it. The thought. Eww. And don't worry, I am eating plenty of veggies and taking supplements, and I realize that I have to overcome my phobia to feed my baby fruit. Ugh.). The one that really grossed her out - and I forget what week this was - was the e-mail that said my baby's kidneys are fully functioning, and that urine was passing through his/her system. She shrieked over the phone, "Ewwwwwww....he is PEEING inside of you?!?!" She didn't like that one.
Yesterday I was complaining her to her on the phone about how tired I was, and how I had something every/day night for the past few weeks, and she asked, "Is the baby sucking the life out of you?" Which got me thinking about life, and how even though this baby, or the growth of the baby, does make me more tired, and cranky - can I blame cranky on the baby? I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world...and how even though I don't even KNOW this baby, know whether it's a boy or a girl, what it looks like, what kind of personality it has, that I would give up my life in an instant for the life of this little one! Have I turned into a Mom? How does this happen? I know I feel that way about Justin...but I have known and loved him for a few years now! ;) How can you feel this way about someone you don't know? I don't know the answer...but I love the feeling!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I loved this post - so sweet and honest. It made me smile big during a rather boring work day.
Way to be honest...I think it's funny that you gross your sis out...she'll forget all about it when she has a niece or nephew!
Hey there! so glad the blog is finally up and running! we are so excited for yall and little baby sparks!
So sweet! I'm so glad you're blogging...can't wait to catch up on your life!!
Justin and I enjoyed meeting you and your Justin last night! I added your blog to my blog so I can keep up with you and your pregnancy! Can't wait to find out what you are having! Have a very Merry Christmas!
Hi Elizbeth! Congrats on the baby!!! You will love motherhood! Love the blog :)
Post a Comment