Friday, March 20, 2009

If you Give a Mouse Dog A Cookie Cadbury Egg...




To be fair, we did NOT give the Cabury Eggs to Atticus. He stole all three of them. Also - I am NOT the one in the household who enjoys or purchases this strange Easter candy. That would be my husband. I am, however, the one who left a Target sack on the floor by our bed, that I thought only contained the maternity t-shirts I had purchased. Guess it didn't. We came home last night from running errands - around 8:30ish, and Atticus did not come running to the front door to greet us, like he normally does. He came slowly, with a little bit of tail tuckage. I noticed a lovely trail of foil/chocolate all throughout our bedroom, and the guest bedroom. Nice. Not only am I peeved about the mess - but he ate chocolate, which is supposedly horrible for dogs. I immediately called one of my best friends from high school, whose Dad is the best vet ever - and he said that Atticus should be fine (they actually are more worried about the amount of caffeine in the chocolate), but to take away his food/water when he started throwing up - because he would want to eat/drink more, and that would just make him worse. The great debate? Lock him in the bathroom for the night and clean up the mess in the morning, OR put him in the pen and wake up every time he pukes/needs to go out so we can clean as he messes? OH MY WORD. So glad we stuck with the pen idea. I would NOT have wanted to clean that bathroom. Needless to say, we are both tired from the stupid dog who puked massive amounts and pooped all night long. At least when we have a baby who does such things, and keeps us up - he will smile at us, or do something cute, right? All I had last night was a sad/scared little dog - who I didn't really feel sorry for - even though it was my fault I left out the chocolate. I still have to bathe all the lovely "egg white" from the eggs off of him...ugh. Happy Friday! :)

6 comments:

Lauren Kate said...

I am one of those sickos that l-o-v-e-s Cadbury eggs...I am sorry that you had to clean the dog though!

The Montague's said...

I can totally feel your pain! We have had many occasions of dog illness, ahh! no fun cleaning that up!

She McCord said...

oh no! one time duncan got into my junior mints after i went to the movies and i had lots of throw up to clean up! totally understand! and yes, your sweet jm will smile and laugh after he poops everywhere!

The Lukefahrs said...

Aww... poor Addicus... and you two! Philip loves those eggs too - and I can't for the life of me figure out why!

etphonehome21 said...

I LOVE Cadbury Creme Eggs. I'm sorry that happened but you're right to think of it as good preparation for JM.

kristen said...

Oh no!! I am so sorry! I am with you on the eggs. Those and Peeps - why?!