This weekend one of my best friends married the love of her life. I was honored to be a part of Allison and Alex's special day. I met Allison at an East Texas Kappa recruitment meeting during the Spring of our freshman year of college. She lived an hour away from Tyler, in Rusk, Texas, and had pledged Kappa at TCU. She had come to the meeting to "rush" her best friend Jamie who was going to be a freshman going through rush at Baylor the following year. It was an odd/strange way to become best friends with someone - but we stayed in touch, and have been great friends ever since. Jamie ended up being my "little" in Kappa, and is also one of my best friends. Moral of the story? Gooooo Kappa! :)
Friday I picked Jamie up from DFW and we headed to the rehearsal in Dallas. After a couple hours of rehearsing (seriously), we headed over to Maggiano's for a great rehearsal dinner with lots of speeches and fun stories about the bride and groom. Justin was able to make it over in time for dinner - and we stayed way too late, and had too much fun! On Saturday, we headed back over to Dallas in time for the Bridesmaid's Brunch at the Crescent, where I ate the most delicious food, and I accidentally enjoyed a mimosa. Except that I really didn't "enjoy" it - since I didn't realize it was a mimosa. Must have been a weak one. Nice. You can go ahead and award me "Mother of the Year" award right now! After the brunch I had a fun time visiting and catching up with Jamie before we needed to be back at the church for pictures. (Justin spent the day watching basketball with our friend Brian, whose wife was also in the wedding). The ceremony at Park Cities Pres. was PERFECT, and Allison looked GORGEOUS! The reception at the Crescent was beautiful (great band, great flowers, and great food) - and went off without a hitch! (Unless you ask Justin who had red wine spilled on him by a drunk groomsman - J was p-i-s-s-e-d). Again, we stayed out waaayyy past my bed time and had too much fun - it was the perfect evening! Sunday we woke up, enjoyed a delicious brunch at Breadwinners, made a quick stop at Swoozies, and headed back to FW. Needless to say - I am exhausted - but the weekend was worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Allison is stunningly beautiful!! And you look fantastic too, I like the color of y'alls dresses. I'm so glad everything went perfect for her!
You and Justin looked great even with his party foul stain! Glad y'all had fun :-)
You look amazing Elizabeth!! Hands down the most gorgeous pregnant bridesmaid I have ever seen!
GO KAPPA!! :)
Post a Comment