It's a GIRL?!?!?!?
On Monday - our little family of three was forever changed when we saw a GIRL on the ultrasound screen. To say I was surprised would be a HUGE understatement. I expected a boy. I thought I was having a boy. I KNEW I was having a boy. I made the tech check the "area" several times. Then I marched my pictures into the ob's office - where I made him check several times. I didn't cry...I didn't really do ANYTHING - that's how shocked I was!
I am the oldest of three girls. Justin is the oldest of two boys. My Mom and I never understood families that "made" one of each...so I just assumed after JM, that I would be a boy mom - and I got used to the idea - and loved it. This little girl in my belly has just blown my world.
This morning when I was washing dishes - it finally hit me. I am having a GIRL! I get to do girl things. Buy dresses. Buy bows. Talk to her every day, multiple times a day, on the phone when she is 28 and over being a bratty teenager. We can go to musicals. We can shop. I can fix HAIR. I started bawling at the sink - while JM ate his breakfast, oblivious to the fact that his Mom is a loon.
I am ECSTATIC!!! And still in SHOCK!!! :)
I am also loving just how excited my husband is to have a little girl...in fact, I think he WANTED a girl...
Any ideas as to what JM and I have been up to since Monday?
Shopping for Sissy, of course!
The profile shot! :) (which looks NOTHING like John Marshall's - her legs also look skinnier and longer)

20 Weeks
How far along? 20 weeks!
Heartbeat? 150 bpm - still higher than John Marshall's...
Heartbeat? 150 bpm - still higher than John Marshall's...
Total weight gain/loss: I guess I will be honest. 10 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Yes and No. Some things I wear maternity - like the fabulous new white, straight leg jeans that took me FOREVER to find. And the maternity tank tops...but - I always wore those before being pregnant because they are super long. I can still wear some of my shorts, and one pair of jeans...but I think I am about to transition to wearing all dresses!
Stretch marks? No - BUT I can feeeeeel a varicose vein growing behind my knee. NASTY.
Maternity clothes? Yes and No. Some things I wear maternity - like the fabulous new white, straight leg jeans that took me FOREVER to find. And the maternity tank tops...but - I always wore those before being pregnant because they are super long. I can still wear some of my shorts, and one pair of jeans...but I think I am about to transition to wearing all dresses!
Stretch marks? No - BUT I can feeeeeel a varicose vein growing behind my knee. NASTY.
Sleep? Lately it has been hit or miss. As in - I either sleep through the night, soundly...OR experience insomnia and the racing thoughts.
Best moment this week: Seeing a beautiful, healthy baby on that screen!!!
Best moment this week: Seeing a beautiful, healthy baby on that screen!!!
Movement: lots! Just way softer than JM's - I have to concentrate sometimes to find it - I am so busy during the day. You can also see her move now - SO FUN!
Food cravings: Still freezing cold milk with cereal.
Food cravings: Still freezing cold milk with cereal.
Gender: Clearly my "gut" was wrong. Sweet, sweet baby GIRL.
Labor Signs: No...but GEEEEEEZ bring on the Braxton Hicks. Which are no fun when you are lugging around your 25 lb nugget of a 13 month old! :)
Belly Button in or out? In still...but starting to look funky!
What I miss: I still miss margaritas with salt...again. I also miss sneezing and not peeing at the same time.
What I am looking forward to: Ending the great debate, otherwise known as naming a baby girl. Justin and I never really discuss girl names - because we CANNOT. CANNOT. CANNOT. agree. I THOUGHT we had agreed...but he is not committing 100%. Oh well. In my head, for now, she is CMS.
Milestones: hmmmmm...we are half way there!!! yay!!! By the way. This pregnancy - while I might look the same as I did last time in the morning - I definitely get a WAY bigger "evening bump" this time - if you know what I mean.
Belly Button in or out? In still...but starting to look funky!
What I miss: I still miss margaritas with salt...again. I also miss sneezing and not peeing at the same time.
What I am looking forward to: Ending the great debate, otherwise known as naming a baby girl. Justin and I never really discuss girl names - because we CANNOT. CANNOT. CANNOT. agree. I THOUGHT we had agreed...but he is not committing 100%. Oh well. In my head, for now, she is CMS.
Milestones: hmmmmm...we are half way there!!! yay!!! By the way. This pregnancy - while I might look the same as I did last time in the morning - I definitely get a WAY bigger "evening bump" this time - if you know what I mean.
BUMP SHOTS
Baby GIRL at 20 weeks, 5 days - June 2010:
John Marshall at 21 weeks - December 2008:




13 comments:
YAY!!! So excited for you guys! you will absolutely love having a little girl. My grandmother says that it takes a very special man to be a father of girls. So fun!!
Thinking about you crying at the sink makes me cry!! Hooray for little girls!!!
Ok I just wrote a long comment and it wouldn't go through. YAYYYYY!!! Congrats! How exciting to have a baby girl with a big brother so close in age. That is amazing! so happy for you guys! YOu look amazing too by the way! I miss my margs as well. And my wine. And my beer. I guess they will be here soon enough though huh?? :) congrats!
1. this is like my story all over again! i know you know exactly what i was/am feeling :) isnt it crazy and fun and wonderful to be so surprised?
2. you are not allowed to post pictures anymore of your, excuse me, "belly". that is crazy you are that tiny at 20 weeks! i am HUGE
3. love all the girly clothes and YES we can do HAIR!!!
4. about the name thing: we are at the exact same point as well! she has a name to me, and now i guess to stephen, too - but he isnt 100% committed to the middle name and im ready to tell everyone who she is!! argh...it will come
5. CONGRATS!
xo
nat
SOOO excited for you guys! Yay for a little lady on the way :). I can only imagine those sleepless nights will only increase as you plan and scheme for all things GIRL!!!! Again, congrats, congrats!
So happy for you Liz! Y'all are going to get the best of both worlds :-)
I am so pumped for you! And I don't have a little boy to compare to, but girls are soooooooooooo fun and be careful because it's really hard to resist all the clothes!!!! So so excited for your family!
so happy for yall! loved this long post about it all. and yes, scott and i will NEVER be able to name a girl if we need too...we disagree on every single girl name ever. ha!
I just got teary. thanks. Excited doesn't really describe what I feel for ya'll. It makes me smile so big to think about your little family! I CAN NOT WAIT to meet CMS. Justin will cave on the name... :)love you so much! xo
Hello, my teeny-tiny pregnant friend!!! You are smaller at 21 weeks pregnant than I am UNpregnant! You look amazing!!! And as you know, I am soooooo excited about Baby Girl Sparks! Can I please borrow her when I need a girly day?!? :)
ps. LOVE that pink smocked dress!!!!!
i am so excited for you!! enjoy shopping for that sweet little girl! can't wait to hear the name!
Congrats!!!
Post a Comment