Thursday, February 19, 2009

I Jinxed Myself...

What did I say about my glucose doctor's appointment? "I am not really worried about the possibility of anemia or GD - so this was a quick, easy appointment!" Way to jinx myself...I got a phone call from the doctor's office yesterday morning, and my favorite nurse was on the line. Apparently my glucose test results came back 4 points higher than normal. I immediately panicked and thought about having to sit in that horrible waiting room for 3 hours to do the 3 hour glucose test, but THANKFULLY she said Dr. K doesn't think there is a problem with me, and all she wants me to do is do another fasting blood test at my next appointment, and if those results don't turn out to her liking, then I will have to do the three hour test. I am super annoyed at my results - I didn't even eat the morning of my test, nor did I have anything especially sugary the night before. Sheesh! I am thankful though - I was talking to a girlfriend last night whose results were identical to mine, and her doctor made her do the 3 hour test right away. I love my doctor, but HATE the waiting room. It's too small. Some people actually wait outside in the hallway atrium. I also don't like sitting next to strangers, and I ESPECIALLY don't like sitting next to people who look/act like they have the flu, who clearly are not pregnant, but who STILL come to a doctor's office where they can give their flu virus to otherwise healthy people. Oh well! I am just praying that my blood cooperates at the next visit - and I will NOT jinx myself this time and say that I am not worried about it! :)

4 comments:

Son and Julie said...

You are lucky! My first test was only 2 points too high, and they made me do the 3-hour test - yuk. I am sure that you will be fine, and at least you don't mind the taste of the orange drink :) I am sure that everythign will come back normal on the secord test! Don't stress too much about it.

Elizabeth said...

I really am not worried about it at all! Just don't want to jinx myself again! ;)

Natalie said...

that exact same thing happened to me - i was about 4 or so points too high and failed the test. my doctor also let me come in and try again bc she didnt think there was anything wrong. i passed with flying colors the second time! im sure you will too! :) it IS nerveracking, though

good luck!

Rachel said...

Oh honey... I can't believe the luck! And don't even get me started on the flu. My kids don't even have so much as a runny nose because keep them home from school when I find other parents sending their germy kids. What ever happened to sick waiting rooms and well waiting rooms like my pedi had when I was growing up.

Were you able to get an appt with your first choice pedi?

Good luck at your next appt!! I am sure it will be fine ;)