Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend Happenings...

This weekend was a busy one. Friday Justin painted swatches on the wall in JM's room, to see if we wanted to change the color of the wall above the beadboard. Regan and Cason came over to give their opinion (we decided to keep the original color on the walls), play the Wii, and have ice cream sundaes. I know the Wii is supposed to be an "active" video game, but after a long work week, who wants to jump around and be active when you can sit in your seat and play? And yes...she IS wearing her sunglasses. She swears they are prescription...



Saturday we worked on JM's room, and then we got to celebrate Miss Grace Maren's 1st Birthday! Grace is Justin's cousin Elizabeth's little girl. We are lucky enough to live about 15 minutes away from the Percivals, and it has been SO much fun watching this precious little girl grow up right before our eyes! Elizabeth had a wonderful spread of food (which included these amazing little bread crumb covered macaroni and cheese balls - yummmm!) for Miss Gracie's party, and the table was set so cute! Grace has recently started walking - and I love watching her toddle around. I can't wait to see what she thinks of JM!


Here is Justin with Gracie in the hospital at just 2 days old - look at him holding her - he's a natural!


Gracie telling us how big she is! Isn't she the cutest?!?!




Some of the spread...

Yummmm!!!




Late Saturday afternoon Regan picked me up, and we headed to Waco, Texas for the one-and-only All University SING! First we hit up Spice, and Ninfas! After Kappa's great 1st Place performance last year, I was excited to see my little sister and the Kappa Act. Regan was there to cheer on (although I learned she isn't much of a cheer-er) Tri-Delt, of course! Kappa last year was AMAZING and this year...we were birds. Yep - birds!go Kappa!


Exhibit A, My Little Muffin of a Sister, as a Bird (don't kill me Muffin):

ANYHOW...I got a kick out of Sigma Chi's act...it was embarrassing (they were dressed like cave men, Flinstone style), awkward, etc. BUT it was the first act (after quite a few) that JM started kicking around to. I told Justin that it was in protest to what was going on, on stage - but Justin says it is because JM "knows what's up." Whatever that means! Regan and I made it through SING, and after getting some caffeine at Common Grounds, headed back to FW.


Sunday Justin finished the touch ups in JM's room, and we were able to clean it up and put the baby bed back together and in his room. It is going to look so cute when everything is finished. Then we sanded an antique full size bed that we bought for JM's room, so that Justin could start painting it tonight. I also sanded a plate rack that I am going to use for a book shelf/rack (you will see it when it's finished - it makes sense, I promise). We cleaned up around the house, and all sorts of other fun chore-like things, allll in time for the Academy Awards. I was awake long enough to see the Best Supporting Actress award, and then I fell asleep on the couch.

Here is a sneak peak of JM's room - with the new white paint on the bead board. Poor Justin...it took one coat of primer, and three coats of paint -ugh! And look at my precious little dog basking in the sun! ;)

4 comments:

Montague said...

I love the Kappa Sing outfit - GO KKG! haha! Looks like things are moving along in the nursery...Oh and Justin does look like a natural!!

kathleencorey said...

you were supposed to put the picture of both of us up!!! I just look ridiculous...

Suzanne said...

Whatever, I think Kathleen looks fabulous! Like a Vegas showgirl!

etphonehome21 said...

You just made me cry. Y'all are the best aunt and uncle which means you will be even better parents. LOVE the pic of your sis.