26 Week Bump
I would have to say that the BIGGEST belly growth spurt has occurred between 24 and 26 weeks. Oh my...it's getting bigger and bigger (to be expected, I suppose)!!! If you compare this pic to my 24 week pic - it's scary! These were taken last Thursday - the first time we tried to see our little one!
The 26 Week Bump & Yea for Added Weight to my Face Pic...
Justin and I before the first scheduled ultrasound...

My sis and I laughing/making fun of couples who do belly shot/professional pictures. (No offense).

Valentine's Day 2009
I think that Justin and I would both agree that Valentine's 2009 was the best yet out of the 8 Valentine's Days that we have celebrated together - we were finally able to get a glimpse of our little man's face, and his chubby cheeks! I cannot wait to kiss on those!!! While he didn't fully cooperate with us on Saturday (he still kept one hand, and one foot by his face at all times, and the placenta/cord - yuck - kept getting in the way) he did give us some pretty decent pictures, and showed us some of his cute antics. He was constantly trying to suck on his hand or foot - and he was successful quite a few times during the 20 minute u/s. And...as if I wasn't worried/stressed enough before...when she panned over his face - what did I see? His umbilical cord hanging around his neck. Sometimes it looked like a noose, other times it looked like he was wearing a lei...lovely. I took a deep breath and promised myself not to think/worry about it until I spoke with Dr. K at my appointment on Monday. Ugh.
Here are a few of the pictures...they aren't the greatest...and they definitely look better on the print outs we have.
Here is a profile shot, with his hand in a fist by his eyes/forehead:
27 Week Doctor's Appointment & Glucose Test
Today I had the "dreaded" glucose test - BUT, I have to say, this was the best appointment yet! I thought the little orange drink tasted good, and for once, I was seen right on time since they have to draw your blood exactly one hour after finishing the glucose. I am not really worried about the possibility of anemia or GD - so this was a quick, easy appointment! I brought up the dreaded cord to Dr. K. She just smiled, shared with me some statistics (like 25% of babies are born with the cords around their necks) and told me that in four weeks she would see me again and schedule another u/s during that appointment to give me "piece of mind." I LOVE her. Love her.
And the appointment stats were:
- JM's heart rate - 133 bpm (perfect sounding!)
- E's total weight gain - 18 lbs (thank you Haagen Dazs Dulce de Leche!)




10 comments:
Yea for pics!! They look great. So great that your dr will do another US so soon! You are the cutest mommy ever!
Precious pictures!! He's adorable!! And so are you with your cute belly. :) UGH, the cord around the neck ... seriously, try hard not to worry about it! Just make sure he's moving and he is fine. You know both my boys had cords around their necks and they are perfectly healthy, but I was paranoid about it the whole time!! So great that your dr is giving you another ultrasound in 4 weeks!! Can't wait to see that little man in just a couple of months!
LOVE HIM! Praying for yall!
I love the pics! He is so cute in 4D! I love the one where he is trying to suck on his hand/thumb. I wonder if he will be a thumb sucker??!! YOU LOOK SO GREAT!!!! I can only hope I gain like you! :-) Now we need pics of the nursery! love you...xoxo
He is precious already! :) And cracked up at the picture of you and your sister with the belly picture - love it!!
I love the pictures!! You are too cute & so is the baby. I think the pic of you and your sis is hilarious!
You look GREAT!!! and JM looks precious too!
That pic of you and your sister is hilarious! I didn't take photos like you until after I was 40 weeks and I was ginormous! JMS looks awesome.
I can tell he's going to be a handsome boy- you look fab by the way friend!
Oh my gosh, I'm so jealous. You got those beautiful 4D pictures that I NEVER got! Those are the ones that they put on the brochures!!!! :)
Post a Comment